Wanted: Used AE kayak

Need to sell your gear or looking for good deals on gear? Post it here!

Moderator: JCOOLEY

absailing

Wanted: Used AE kayak

Post by absailing » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi, I'm a mid 20s guy in Arkansas. If anyone is interested in selling a used AE kayak, please email me. Single or tandem is acceptable. I need two singles or a tandem and a single that would work for my girlfriend and me. My plans are to use it on lazy rivers and some mild whitewater (class 1-2). The main AE kayaks I think that fit my requirements would be the lagoon1, lagoon2, advancedframe 1, advancedframe convertible. I know some other AE kayaks would work for me, but price is a major issue, so I picked the kayaks I thought were more in my price range. Having the option to attach a spray skirt is important. If anyone is aware of any good sales on AE kayaks, please feel free to let me know as well. I have checked the post in the forum about good sales, but nobody has posted there in quite a while.

Thank you for your time and response.

Austin

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

You could check the prices for a demo kayak at airkayaks.com -- click on the button marked KAYAKS and then look down the left hand column, under Products, and click on Demos/Refurbs.
You see, airkayaks.com not only sells new Lagoons and other models of Advanced Elements kayaks, they sell ones that have been used as demonstrators.
These demo kayaks are often almost new in appearance, with very light wear marks such as faint scratches on the outside of a hull. My own Necky Eliza sea kayak was a demo model used in a local store as a rental kayak for four months before I bought it at 2/3 the price of a brand-new one.
I just checked airkayaks.com, and their website offers the models you're looking for, new, and some Lagoons and Dragonfly (older version of the Lagoon.