Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Expedition-- impotent Q

AE1009-R Ultralite(2006)
AE1009-Y Advanced Frame Expedition(2007-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

dolphin1000

Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Expedition-- impotent Q

Post by dolphin1000 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:35 am

Does anyone know the type of this kayak ???
“Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Expeditionâ€￾
I have a chance to buy it in a very attractive price. My intention primarily to surf in the sea, and if possible to catch waves, not high waves.

Do u think it is suitable for this purpose???

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 am

This kayak is geared more towards touring so not really suitable for surfing waves. Look at the StraitEdge lineup and the Attack Kayak for kayaks that are meant more for the rougher surf conditions.

dolphin1000

thanks- but :-(

Post by dolphin1000 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am

JCOOLEY wrote:This kayak is geared more towards touring so not really suitable for surfing waves. Look at the StraitEdge lineup and the Attack Kayak for kayaks that are meant more for the rougher surf conditions.[/quote

i just got a great proposal for this kayke, one of the dealer got stuck with two of them - and i can get 1 , with all the extra equipment's for just 600$.
that why i am asking this Q - if there is no way i can enjoy it at sea i want take it.

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm

My Expedition is fun to ride in both calm and very mildly rough water. You can try it for wave surfing, and the price is good. But be prepared to take on enough water to fill the kayak if the waves are very rough. Will you be okay? Can you bail out enough water to go on, or perhaps quickly go to shallow water, dump out the boat, and get back to surfplaying?
The StraitEdge is better for playing in rough surf because it is a sit-on-top.