Faulty twist valve on comb - replaceable?

AE1009-R Ultralite(2006)
AE1009-Y Advanced Frame Expedition(2007-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

TerenceToronto

Faulty twist valve on comb - replaceable?

Post by TerenceToronto » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:48 pm

One of the twist valves on the combing of my new Expedition seems to be faulty, it doesnt seem to seal and as soon as I blow it the air escapes. Does anyone know if iit possible to replace the valve?

rlpugh1
Site Admin

Post by rlpugh1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:17 am

The twist valves are replaceable. With that said, they do not often go "bad" so it might be that the valve needs to be re-seated on its base.

To do this, twist open the valve (Yellow portion) until its all the way open. Then grasp the tubing that the valve is attached to and press the yellow valve portion down onto the white base with your thumb. You should here a "click" as the valve re-seats onto the white base. After that, the valve should return to normal operation.

Basically, what sometime happens is that if the valve gets opened too far, it will pop off of the base threads.

If this does not work, shoot an email to customer service at info@advancedelements.com

TerenceToronto

Post by TerenceToronto » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:27 pm

rlpugh1 wrote:The twist valves are replaceable. With that said, they do not often go "bad" so it might be that the valve needs to be re-seated on its base.

To do this, twist open the valve (Yellow portion) until its all the way open. Then grasp the tubing that the valve is attached to and press the yellow valve portion down onto the white base with your thumb. You should here a "click" as the valve re-seats onto the white base. After that, the valve should return to normal operation.

Basically, what sometime happens is that if the valve gets opened too far, it will pop off of the base threads.

If this does not work, shoot an email to customer service at info@advancedelements.com
Thanks, I'll try that!

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:11 pm

On one of my twist valves there was a bend in the tube just below the valve, and a crack in the tube at the bend. Air hissed out through the crack.
I straightened the bend in the soft tube --easy to do by hand-- and put several drops of Krazy Glue into the small crack. Glue dried quickly and sealed the crack fine. Still good after four years.