New Advanced Frame Expedition Owner - Wow!

AE1009-R Ultralite(2006)
AE1009-Y Advanced Frame Expedition(2007-Present)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

lamontk

New Advanced Frame Expedition Owner - Wow!

Post by lamontk » Sat May 24, 2008 6:22 pm

I've been wanting a kayak for a couple of years now, but didn't want the hassle of owning a hardshell with the storing and transporting of it.

I had seen some inflatable kayaks and they looked like pool toys to me. I started investigating foldable kayaks, but boy the price of them really put me off, especially not having any hands-on experience with them.

I can't remember where now, but about 2 years ago I got a quick glimpse of an Advanced Elements inflatable in a showroom and I was impressed. This past winter I finally made up my mind and started reading about Advanced Elements, especially the Expedition, and I bought one about a month ago at REI.

This weekend I finally took it out for its maiden voyage -- wow! This thing is no toy. I don't have a lot of experience with kayaking, mainly renting hardshells, but this Expedition is all it's said to be. I think it paddles better than a same length hardshell. What an enjoyable day of paddling. I can't wait to do more. I've ordered the backbone and hope to get it next week, but I can't figure out how it can get much better (though I'm willing to find out!). I don't think I could be happier. Good job Advanced Elements!