Share your photos

Can't find what you're looking for regarding your kayak or a specific kayak? Post it here.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Share your photos

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Join Flickr today and share your photos with the Advanced Elements Group. Check out photos others have posted!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/585246@N21/

Jeremy
8)

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Flickr Group

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 am

Notice to everyone:

Thanks to one of our faithful members, we have found there there is a slight issue with some of the photos showing up in the Flickr group. The problem is only experienced by people who are not signed into the photo group. If you are signed into the group, you will be able to see all the photos posted. Here are the requirements for posting your photos.....
You must post a minimum of five photos in your photo section.
Each photo must be made public.
Once you have met these two requirements, any photo you post in the group will then be able to be viewed by everyone including those not signed into the group. After posting photos, it may take a few days for them to appear.
If anyone else experiences problems with their photos not appearing, please let me know and I will get right on it.

Thank you,

Jeremy
8)

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Just added a few personal photos paddling Lake Tahoe to the Flickr group
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52504998@N ... otostream/
Notice: 3 pics with my daughter sitting in front of me. Not recommended by Advanced Elements.
Myself and my friend in front are both 6'2" so we had plenty of room and it was comfortable. It was a good day for paddling.

Jeremy

borisf

Post by borisf » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Nice pictures! I like the AE Kayaks pictures on Flickr. Will put some of my own pictures too. My comments/question to your picture:
Eternal question: what is the right position of the paddle blade? Bevel down (as second kayaker holds and I prefer) or bevel up (as first kayaker holds)? :-)

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 am

On my last paddle I was playing with my paddles (Clear Blue Hawaii). I experienced it like this: If you take the slim side it's more comfortable, but if you use the bigger side it gives you more power. I guess it doesn't really matter but I would normally say: the logo should be readable by yourself.

Added some pictures as well to the flickr group.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:37 am

borisf wrote:Nice pictures! I like the AE Kayaks pictures on Flickr. Will put some of my own pictures too. My comments/question to your picture:
Eternal question: what is the right position of the paddle blade? Bevel down (as second kayaker holds and I prefer) or bevel up (as first kayaker holds)? :-)
Yes, the front paddler was holding his paddle upside down. I pointed this out to him after a few minutes of paddle and he adjusted it so that his paddle was upright like mine is in the rear seat. My AE logo is rightside up and his is upside down in the picture. So, bevel down.

Jeremy

borisf

Post by borisf » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 am

Thank you! :-)

MDO

kayaking pics

Post by MDO » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:45 am

the 3 girls are so cute...

I have been using photobucket. Paddles in the lower StLAwrence last week, it was awesome:
http://s566.photobucket.com/albums/ss10 ... tLawrence/

borisf

Post by borisf » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 am

Hi MDO!

Fantastic pictures from StLawrence! I'll show them to my wife for she will not afraid of whales! You did what I was planning - to travel with my yak to different waterways.
Thanks for changing access to your albums - formerly they asked me to register on the site to look at the albums. Now I see pictures immediately.
My last solo trip was on the Six Mile Lake: from Six Mile Lake Park to the Lost Channel and then to the Pretty Channel and back (near 15 km totally). Pictures are coming soon.
Future destination is the French River.

Boris

MDO

Whale watching

Post by MDO » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Boris:

Although we did see porpoises fairly nearby, when we saw the large whales we were in a zodiak.... But the lady from whom we rented the small cottage said that she has often paddled in her kayak very close to very big whales. When I asked her if it was dangerous, she laughed, and said, 'whales are in some ways much smarter than us you know'... She had never had a misfortunate encounter. In fact, she once observed a Blue Whale sleeping for over one hour just gently bopping up and down in the water!

I have never been to 6 miles lake.... looks beautiful (on google)!

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Sharing Pictures

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:50 pm

Advanced Elements is updating the website and later the catalog. The website should be complete by the end of February and the catalog we update each year. We are looking at putting new pictures up on the site as well as in the catalog. We would really enjoy seeing what everyone has to offer. For those that prefer to use Flickr, please post photos to the Advanced Elements group and for those who prefer Photobucket, you can post to the Advanced Elements Kayaks group.
We will also soon be running a photo contest for everyone to enter. Details to follow soon.
Thank you everyone for your continued support and we look forward to some great pics. We will of course ask permission first before we use anyones photography.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Cooley
Advanced Elements

MikeSue

Post by MikeSue » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:05 pm

We have many pictures of our 2010 trips in AE convertible in our SmugMug account.
http://photos.ceb.name/Kayak-Trips

Every trip we took a few pictures of the yak

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Great Photos and really beautiful scenery. Thank you for sharing!

Pearly

Post by Pearly » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 pm

Stunning! I do miss the Autumn colours - don't miss the cold, but I do the colours! Looks so tranquil from your photo's, I can almost imagine being there!

Many thanks,

Ian

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:18 pm

This Just in! We are about to launch a photo contest for Advanced Elements paddlers. It will be posted on the forum in the next two days so keep a look out for it. Pass it along to friends and family.