The use of spam words in replies and posts

Can't find what you're looking for regarding your kayak or a specific kayak? Post it here.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Richard

The use of spam words in replies and posts

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:43 pm

I received a warning from the management at AF that I had used a word deemed to be spam and was advised "not to do this again". In a reply to a recent post under "Inflatable Kayaks" I praised the AF and was going to say that it was "excellent value for the m-o-n-e-y". For some reason, this word has been deemed by the website to be spam and was disallowed. Instead, I replaced it with "investment" which is apparently not spam and acceptable.
I am wondering if there is a list of "forbidden" spam words that forum users are not allowed to use and if, so, where can one find this list? I see no reference to using words that are spam - just spam in general.
This reprimand was, in my opinion, uncalled for and excessively harsh - especially since I was giving a very positive recommendation of an AE product.
Who would have thought that the use of this word "m-o-n-e-y" would invoke the wrath of AE Management??

Rookie4570

Post by Rookie4570 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:02 am

Strange. ?? :?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Probably just an automatic response as I doubt Jeremy would care about the word.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:42 am

Richard,

Sorry about that. The response actually came from the forum host and not us. Most forums use this. There are generic lists that contain common words that are used in bad posts and stuff. We just copied one of these lists to the forum. There are some words that make no sense in being on there but I guess they are there for a reason. We initially had an issue with some obscene posts so the list has helped and eliminated these. I am sure you can do a search on the web to find such a list to get a better idea of what words are safe. If anything happens in the future, just let me know and we will take care of it.

Jeremy
8)

Richard

Problem Solved re Spam word

Post by Richard » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:50 pm

The word in question has been removed from the spam word list and is now "acceptable". Somehow, it had been used in a way that it ended up on this list. Thanks -- but I'll watch my language from now on!