storing in a hot car?

Questions, suggestions, answers, products etc. about repairing, cleaning and maintaining your kayak.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

spikeithard

storing in a hot car?

Post by spikeithard » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Hey so I like to keep my expedition folded over out of the bag in the trunk of my car. I put the pump, pfd and other misc items in the bag it is supposed to come in, within the back seat. I find it easier that way. My question is will the kayak be ok under really hot sticky temps inside the back trunk bungeed corded up while folded ?

thanks

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:13 pm

As long as it isn't wet and not directly exposed to the sun. It has been seen though that prolonged extreme heat exposure (attic, garage, car, etc) can eventually damage the material. Those type of enclosed spaces get extremely hot compared to outside temps.

spikeithard

Post by spikeithard » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:41 pm

JCOOLEY wrote:As long as it isn't wet and not directly exposed to the sun. It has been seen though that prolonged extreme heat exposure (attic, garage, car, etc) can eventually damage the material. Those type of enclosed spaces get extremely hot compared to outside temps.
defined 'prolonged' in this case? like 1 weeks straight? It cools down at night here but mid afternoon it climbs to 30+ Celcius and quite sticky.