Storage.

Problems with your kayak? Tracking to one side over the other? Taking on water? Losing Air? Post your questions, suggestions and answers here regarding issues with the kayaks.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

Oysterr51

Storage.

Post by Oysterr51 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:31 am

I have the abilitity to store our AE1007 laid out flat and pulled up to the ceiling on a liftable platform, or folded and it it's bag.

Any opinions on whether one method might be better than the other?

thanks, Mike

waddle

Post by waddle » Sun May 03, 2009 4:39 pm

I've stored it laid out and I've stored it folded in the bag. As long as it was clean and completely dry when I put it in the bag, there was no difference. If it's damp, and you won't be taking it out for a few days, it's probably best to keep it laid out so it can dry.

A couple of days folded damp in the bag won't hurt it, but more than that will start mildew.

pastorsteve

Post by pastorsteve » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:47 am

I would say it depends on the storage locations. If your storage location laid out flat and bagged are one in the same, then it shouldn't matter. If your laid out flat location is less desireable such as in an extremely hot dry garage and the bagged location is in a cool basement - then I would choose the basement.

I can store mine bagged in the garage or basement so I keep mine in the cooler basement rather than overly-subject the materials, seams and glues to excessive garage heat for prolonged periods.