Kink in main tube

Problems with your kayak? Tracking to one side over the other? Taking on water? Losing Air? Post your questions, suggestions and answers here regarding issues with the kayaks.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

micahgee

Post by micahgee » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 am

Good to hear you got it working!

Why would they kick you out?!?! Assuming you were using a PFD and other safety equipment like a bilge pump or paddlefloat etc. The Frames are extremely stable, safe and seaworthy. In terms of safety, the boats can float partially filled with water, something many hard shells cannot do, and are extremely hard to puncture yet easy to repair. Seriously, what a moronic regulation, why would anyone want to go paddle there if they are so uptight about out-dated and ignorant regulations!?!

In my neck of the woods, I've only seen any kind of Police a few times patrolling and they never bother stopping kayakers with PFD's.

That being said, enjoy the boat and don't put up with bullshit :o

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 am

You should have told the police to try the kayak for themselves or to moterboat accross you and a regular kayak. Let's see who goes in the water first :-)

Also the Frame/Fusion kayaks are no inflatables, they are 'air kayaks' ;-)

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:03 am

Usually with most resevoirs they have a station where you can check in and pay a small fee. At least in our area. It is always best to find out ahead of time if inflatable kayaks are allowd. Check to see if hardshells are allowed. If they are, I always put up an argument. In some states though, whether it is inflatable or not, it may still need to be registered. Check to see if the state you live requires registering an inflatable kayak.

Jeremy

spikeithard

Post by spikeithard » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:38 am

Total BS. #notallinflatablesarecreatedequal lol

Im scared to take my AFX all apart because Im afraid I wont be able to put it all back together again. I wont lie, I am still a little perplexed about the way its all designed and put together. All the chambers, tubes, covers and such are a little intimidating to a beginner at the start.

I noticed my boat was veering to the right the other night so i checked out he bottom and the gliding fin that about 8 inches or so near the front was slightly pulled to the left of center. I believe thats a cover misaligned issue and not the tube?

I also have what appears to be a slightly uneven lump in the front. (main chamber #1??). The left side is a little higher then the left just in front of the slide in bow plastic piece.

is this a tube issue that needs to be adjusted again?

thanks