Big chambers 1 and 2 - Curious how are they separated?

PSI, Proper Technique, Valves etc.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

MikeSue

Big chambers 1 and 2 - Curious how are they separated?

Post by MikeSue » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:30 am

No problem just curious question how the the 2 big chambers that make up the gray tube in an advanced frame are separated from each other. These are the 2 chambers that we have to inflate 50% between the 2. I'm just trying to visualize it in my mind I guess - if it's left and right or top and bottom. I notice when inflating chamber 1 in my convertible that I do see some air making it's way around to the other side of the gray tube.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 pm

You have one big circular tube. Inside the tube is a membrane that divides it in half. The 1st outer valve valve inflates the outer half of the tube. The 2nd inner valve inflates the inner half of the tube. Each chamber goes completely around the kayak in a big circle. So there is no top/bottom or left/right, just outer and inner.

jeremy

Pearly

Post by Pearly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 pm

The image on the left is a top view of the tubes if you take them out of their cover. The Dark grey is the outer tube, the light grey is the inner tube.

The image on the right is a section through the tubes - as if you cut through the tubes with a knife. Two chambers separated by a membrane - one valve for each chamber.