Which one for me?

Get advice on which kayak may be best for you. Compare the different models. "VS."

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Adough

Which one for me?

Post by Adough » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm looking to buy a kayak. I want one that will be good for fishing rivers and lakes and also lazy days floating the rivers. I'm currently flipping between the AdvancedFrame and the Straitedge kayak. I'm 6' and 215lbs. I'd also enjoy taking some longer river trips and some more adventurous trips on rapids.. The AF seems to track better lending itself to longer journey's but, the Straitedge is certainly geared for fishing(plus class III rapids) and has more room for equipment. Where do I go from here? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Andrew

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:24 am

From your description, mostly being on rivers, the Straitedge seems like it would best suit your needs. We do have another Straitedge model coming in mi-late March which is the Straitedge Angler. It is the same dimensions as the Straitedge but has additional items geared for fishing. This would probably be the best fir for you.

Jeremy

Adough

Post by Adough » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks Jeremy. I'd love to get the straitedge Angler but, it's a little out of my reach at this time. It'd be a while before i could get my hands on the new one, I've got too much paddling to do to wait until then. And, I have no doubt I'll enjoy the current model!