please your advice

Get advice on which kayak may be best for you. Compare the different models. "VS."

Moderator: JCOOLEY

dolphin1000

please your advice

Post by dolphin1000 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 am

I would appreciate your advice for the best inflatable kayak’s model.
I am looking for the model most appropriate kayak for rowing at sea and catching not high waves - waves- one meter up to to two meters waves –

Thanks in advance. Yizak

cfal

Post by cfal » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:08 am

Hi,
First let me say that I do not own an Advanced Elements Kayak. I have only paddled hard shells and am researching like you. However it seems from your post that you will be paddling rather calm waters "not high waves" like myself so I will share with you some of what I have learned. The Advanced Frame is what I am looking at for this (what is holding be back is the inability to try before I buy). It is 10.5' and 36lbs so it is most like a recreational kayak. The Expedition is 3' longer. From what I have read, if you are over 6' go with the Expedition. Both accept a spray skirt. The Firefly and Lagoon get good reviews and are less money but are smaller and not on par with the other two. The AirFusion is closest to a touring kayak with its narrow hull but requires more assembly. From all I have read here and other sites, the Advanced Frame is a very good product for calm water paddling that handles well. Most people are very happy with it. Good luck, I know it is a big and costly decision. (Sorry about the American measurements)

dolphin1000

thanks

Post by dolphin1000 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:44 am