Airfusion Vs Advanced Frame

Get advice on which kayak may be best for you. Compare the different models. "VS."

Moderator: JCOOLEY

spikeithard

Post by spikeithard » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:11 pm

thanks.

I just received an email from AE saying that it would probably be too tight of a fit for me in the elite and stick with the expedition.
I am not a 'fat' 210 lbs but a fairly lean and muscular 200-210

I really do love the look of the elite. It seems to me like it would behave very close to a hard shell boat?

Storage is not a huge thing for me. as long as I can set a 25L dry bag on the front bow deck to and put a couple things behind me like a 2 person small tent, very small micro chair and a couple other items I am good. Seems like the fusion can handle that. (2-3 day camping excursions.)

rlpugh1
Site Admin

Post by rlpugh1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:25 pm

I think that you'll fit just fine. You might find it a little tight...maybe, but I don't think so. You will want the Elite though. The original AirFusion will be too small for you. The Fusion Elite does behave very similarly to a hard-shell, but you will notice better stability. The gear you are describing should fit just fine in and on the Fusion Elite.

Go to the community section of our website to find the link to our Ambassadors page. Once on the Ambassadors page, select Ruggero Arena and watch the video on his page. That will give you an idea of the Fusion's capabilities.

Also, visit our Tumblr "Share your Adventure" page. Not only is it a great place to share your images and paddling stories, but if you scroll down a ways, you'll find a post that shows a pretty detailed write up on how to pack the Fusion for multi-day trips.

spikeithard

Post by spikeithard » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 pm

ya that was a great video! love to be able to do that one day! Have a lot to learn still

so when it comes to finding a AFE used is it tough? are they are to track down?

and will the 2015-2016 new models be on clearance shortly and reduced 10-20% off any time soon? Maybe some stores will but thought I would ask.

I am in canada so I would prefer to deal with a canadian store for cheaper shipping.

rlpugh1
Site Admin

Post by rlpugh1 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:52 am

Not sure either way on finding a used one. I have not really seen any go up used, but I don't know. AE does not "clear out" end of the year stock/models and they don't sell direct anyways, so any discount/deals would be through a dealer. The only time you'd find a "closeout" item so to speak is on AE's close out section of the website. That's all demos, ect, but I've never seen a Fusion come thorough there. Also, the Fusion Elite is out of stock until the end of September, so you will probably be hard pressed to find one in-stock.

spikeithard

Post by spikeithard » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Well I took the plunge and just bought a new AFE from a store in Vancouver Canada. $959 down from $1059 :)

found a buyer today in Toronto for my Expedition.

It was a tough choice!! like REALLY tough :shock:

I cant wait!!!