Expedition VS Convertable - for a large angler

Get advice on which kayak may be best for you. Compare the different models. "VS."

Moderator: JCOOLEY

OlySpec

Expedition VS Convertable - for a large angler

Post by OlySpec » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 pm

So I am about 310lbs and really want to start paddling for health as well as for angling.

The Expedition has the capacity and fits my budget and from all the reading I have done, will serve me well to fish from. T

he Convertable is a bit more spendy, but it looks like I might fit it better.

I wear a size 48 waist pant and wonder if I will have any problems squeezing in to the Expedition. If I have to go with the Convertable, will the conversion cover fit me or will I have to remain open to the elements?

Thank you in advance :)

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Both of them are 17" across on the inside. Once the Conversion deck is on the Convertible, the cockpit opening is the same as the Expedition. Just a longer kayak. Look at the StraitEdge model too. It is wide open. It is a sit on top but not sitting down in a kayak may be more comfortable.

Jeremy

paulrb02

Post by paulrb02 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm a 44 waist w/ super thunder thighs, expedition is snug, but not uncomfortable. I still have some room to move around. Hope this helps, PM and I might be able to get you some pics, if ya want to see.