Spring Valve Adaptor

AE5001 PAcklite Pump, AE2001 Foot Pump, AE2003 12-V Electric Pump, AE2009 Hand Pump, AE2011 Hand Pumps w/Gauge, AE5006 Xcelerator Pump

Moderator: JCOOLEY

diemonde

Spring Valve Adaptor

Post by diemonde » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:35 am

To me it's unclear if the Spring Valve Adaptor let's a pump with pressure gauge either work with the inflation mode or either makes it possible to close the valve with pump attached after inflating it in deflating position.

I ask this because in The Netherlands they do not sell the AE pump and so I had to buy a bravo pump, but when I inflate in deflate position I loose a lot of air while taking the pump of and switching to inflation mode. I hate this as I want to pump the kayak accurately for best performance.

JCOOLEY
Site Admin

Post by JCOOLEY » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 am

The spring valve adaptor screws onto the valve (while it is closed in the inflate position) and has a notch on it that pushes the valve open so that an accurate reading can be had by the gauge. When the adaptor is removed the valve remains closed so that no air is lost. I am not sure if it will work with the Bravo pump. It depends if the end of the hose has the same setup as the AE pumps. You can email a picture of the end of your hose to info@advancedelements.com so that it can be determined if the spring valve adaptor will work with it.

Jeremy

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 am

Just end you an e-mail

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:07 am

After sending Jeremy the pictures of my Bravo P6 Pump he told me the adapter won't fit. Jeremy did send an instruction from another AE user (Michael) on how to inflate with pressure gauge but without an AE pump. You can read about it on my blog (http://en.kajakroute.nl/?p=70), but you probably get the idea looking at the picture Michael made:

So, Michael, thank you for this great idea!

Jeremy thanks for sending it to me!

Pearly

Post by Pearly » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 am

Simply brilliant!!

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 am

It's so simple, but I did not think of it. Luckily there are people like Michael how do think of it :D

diemonde

Post by diemonde » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:29 am

On Saturday I went on a quick peddle and that would be the first time to inflate the kayak with pressure gauge (thanks to this solution). And it seems 2.0 PSI is a bit more then I used to pump into the AE Frame.
I already was very happy with the AE Frame but now with the pressure right it is even better. I was paddling to a small creek (3meters wide) with a lot of tree's etc. in it. With the right pressure the AE Frame even listens better to my steering (and I use a backbone). And yes there will be people who don't like that because you might zig-zag a little when going for a straight run but that's a small price to pay for a flexible kayak like the Frame.