Hello from Hungary

New to the Forum? Come in and say hello. Get to know the other members.

Moderators: JCOOLEY, rsimpson

nadtom

Hello from Hungary

Post by nadtom » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi,
I'm Tamas from Hungary (Europe) a new kayak traveller :-).
After few week searching on internet I have bought 2 AE kayak's one Airtraveller (new version of Expedition) for me and one Frame for my son both with premium package (back bone, durafloor, seat cushion). They are the blue 2015 models of AE. First impression is very good (I have pumped both on our terrace) but correct position of back bone not easy.
I plan a short tour (20km~13 miles) this weekend I hope all will be fine.

nadtom

First kayak tour

Post by nadtom » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:51 am

We finished our first kayak tour yesterday first impression is: WOW! We paddled in a small calm river 4,5 hours (16km) the nature was beautiful we have seen lots of animals.

The AE kayak is very comfortable (I didn't believe before) you can find different seat position, easy to paddle, tracking is good, so very nice.

The seat cushion should be taken under the seat but it was uncomfortable so we took it behind the seat and so it was very comfortable for the back.

I will make some marking on the bottom of kayak (under the inflatable floor) so will be easier the positioning of back bone or I will stick to the bottom of the kayak (inside) some fixing element/retainer to ensure a correct position of back bone. (it could be a new developing issue for AE) :-)

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 pm

It sounds like you had a great time! Welcome to the forum.

Some people mark on the inside of the hull where to place the BackBone. Using some kind of sticky tape is not a good idea, as it won't work well on the rubber-y surface. Usually tape just gets gooey and sticky.

nadtom

Post by nadtom » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks for your reply.

It was only my first idea to positioning the BackBone because take in & out the inflated floor+durafloor not so easy if I have to modify the BB position.
I plan to use a plastic tape with velcro and this will be fixed with a strong glue on the inside of the hull. Maybe somebody has a better idea.

I must say I don't understand why AE didn't solve already this simple technical problem, because otherwise the kayak is very well constructed.