Four day overnight expedition in a Packlite

AE3021 (2014)

Moderator: JCOOLEY

Tim

Four day overnight expedition in a Packlite

Post by Tim » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Greetings folks! My name is Tim, and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I recently purchased a Packlite kayak, which I believe is almost identical to the Firefly in its size and shape, but is lighter weight, being only 4 lb instead of 16 lb. I have used the Packlite on several outings now, with the latest being a four day solo expedition on the Goulburn River in Australia. I have posted a trip report with some photos under the "Trips & Locations" section of this forum.

I am quite tall (1.90 m - 6’ 3â€￾), and I weigh 80 kg (180 lb), and I was also carrying camping equipment with a weight of about 10 kg (22 lb). I have discussed the logistics in some more detail in my trip report.

I love the Packlite. It has enabled me to take portability to new levels from my other kayaks (a Folbot Citibot folding kayak and a Challenger inflatable), which are both heavier, and much bulkier when packed up.

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 am

Yahoo! Talk about camping light. Sounds like you know how to do it!

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:01 pm

22 lb of camping equipment is not bad, but I think the real accolades must go to AE for building a kayak that is only 4 lb in weight, which can carry me and all my stuff with such ease. That is very impressive!