Funk Bag

Advanced Elements new line of bags.
PJohanson

Funk Bag

Post by PJohanson » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:38 pm

The Funk Bag's ventilation will help keep my PFD and wetsuit from going funky on the way home. It sure holds a lot of gear when packed full!

As well, the Funk Bag is surprisingly versatile. The other day I used it to carry my sewing machine to a quilting group meeting. Now, several of my quilting friends want a Funk Bag of their own! They admired the tough bag for carrying a heavy sewing machine, or for packing with plenty of fabric and fluffy batting.

It's also a handy bag for carrying groceries. Must get some photos of the things i can carry with it!

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Hey, great news! My friend John went with some pals to body-surf near Tofino in Canada. Of course, he brought his Funk Bag along, to carry neoprene gear.
John reports that this bag did the job well. Not only did it hold damp wetsuits and neoprene boots and hoods, the waterproof bottom kept the wet gear from dampening the back of his car. And when he got home, the wet gear was not moldy or sour like it could be when tied in a plastic bag. Instead, the damp neoprene was able to air out a bit while travelling.
All in all, a sensible bag. And it's not too big to carry when loaded, as a hockey gear bag can be!

PJohanson

Post by PJohanson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 am

The Funk Bag is a versatile one. I like having a duffel-bag style bag to carry things. The other day I used it for carrying groceries! Much better than those cheap plastic shopping bags. All the heavy groceries were easy to carry in the bag with the straps on my shoulder.
The seams are all still good and the bag looks new. I've been using it to carry my sewing machine to quilting club, and the bag still gets admiring comments.
I'm planning to travel using the Funk Bag to carry my paddling gear and a couple of small drybags as a piece of checked luggage.