Back Bone and inflatable floor?

AE2023-AF1, AE2023-AFX, AE2023-AFC, AE2023-DF2.

Moderator: JCOOLEY

samba7

Back Bone and inflatable floor?

Post by samba7 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:37 pm

When using the backbone where exactly does the inflatable floor fit. The floor is just a bit shorter than the backbone and gets caught in between the backbone ends and the inside tubing? Shouldn't the backbone be longer than the floor so there is no pinching?

Clay

Post by Clay » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:26 am

After installing the Backbone and inflating the main chambers, place the inflatable floor inside the center area of the kayak. Tuck the front and back of the floor between the top of the Backbone beam and the two plastic flanges at the top of the BackBone blade. Then inflate the floor. The blade flanges are designed to pull the floor back a little at the ends to allow the BackBone blades to fit in place. Hope that helps. Thanks for your comments!

rainking63

Post by rainking63 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 pm

I've found I had a problem with this as well. I actually need to fold the ends of the floor over a couple of inches to make it fit with the backbone. Is this normal?

ssmith2624

Backbone in Convertible

Post by ssmith2624 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Bit late to post here maybe, but in case other people come to this topic via the search....

It seems, yes, it is normal to have the ends of the floor folded back on itself: I had similar doubts about the Backbone / floor installation in the Convertible. But there is a Backbone installation video on the support pages of the AE website that shows this very clearly.
http://www.advancedelements.com/backbonevideo.html